Workaround for Turbo / Alpha Dogg "NO NAME" sound issue.
If MP3 files are added to the Turbo / Alpha Dogg with any additional property data other than the Title of the track (that's what it willshow up as on the remote), then those items and various other sounds mayl be displayed as NO NAME on the remote. This has been verified in all firmware updates 1.2 and lower. A firmware update to provide a final solution for this problem is being developed, but a temporary workaround can allow sounds to be added and be listed properly prior to that firmware being available.
The workaround involves deleting all the extra MP3 data fields in the file properties of the sound files that are being added to the Turbo / Alpha Dogg. Note that only the sounds files transfered to the Turbo / Alpha Dogg device need to be edited. The original sound files can maintain the extra data at their original location.
Please follow these instructions to resolve the NO NAME sound issue:
- Make a new folder on the Turbo Dogg via USB and copy your new sounds to this folder.
- Right click on the ADDED files ON the Turbo / Alpha Dogg (one at a time....there is no way around this, sorry) and select PROPERTIES at the bottom of the menu. DO NOT EDIT ANY FIELDS IN THE SOUND FILES THAT CAME WITH YOUR TURBO OR ALPHA DOGG.
- Select the SUMMARY tab.
- Select the ADVANCED button.
- Under the MUSIC section select and delet the ARTIST, ALBUM TITLE, YEAR, TRACK NUMBER, GENRE, and LYRICS fields and delete any text that is in those fields (these fields MUST be blank).
- Under DESCRIPTION, delete any text in the COMMENTS field and make SURE the TITLE field has some title in it or NO NAME will also display on the remote. We suggest that this TITLE be limited to 18 characters so it fully fits on the remote display screen.
- Click APPLY then OK.
- Do the above for each sound file you have added to the Turbo / Alpha Dogg device.
- Unplug the Speaker unit from the USB, power down both the speaker unit and remote.
- Turn them back on and they will SYNCHRONIZE.
All the sounds should now be available with proper names. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Primos Customer Support.
A text file of the above instructions is available for download below and a document with graphical instructions will be posted as soon as it is available.